Guidelines to follow before and after Kybella Fat Dissolving Lipo Injections?
- Discontinue use of blood thinners (even ibuprofen and aspirin) one week before your appointment. Avoid for 3 to 4 days after your treatment as they can cause severe bruising. Tylenol is ok for pain.
- Discontinue vitamins and other supplements that can affect the procedure and cause blood clotting or blood thinning.
- Eat pineapple one to two weeks leading up to your treatment as it contains bromelain, an enzyme that can reduce bruising.
- Take Arnica, a natural medicine, for 4 to 5 days leading up to your treatment in order to prevent swelling and speed up the healing process.
- Abstain from alcohol one week before your treatment and for 24 hours after your injections.
- Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Ice as needed to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and heat for 48 hours. No tanning, hot tubs, saunas, waxing, facial steams, or hot showers.
- Avoid working out or elevating your heart rate for 48 hours. Avoid sweating and keep your skin clean.
Potential side effects?
- Minor pain
What might prevent me from having these treatments?
- A skin concern or an infection
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Blood clotting issues
- Any severe allergies
- A history of anaphylactic shock
- An allergy to collagen or eggs
- An allergy to animal products
- An allergy to local anesthetics such as lidocaine
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- An allergy to any component that goes into making Kybella