Microneedling is a treatment that rejuvenates the skin and promotes collagen production. The process penetrates into the deeper dermal layers making it a great process for reducing hyperpigmentation, decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, shrinking pore size, diminishing scarring, and more.
Even though this treatment can be conveniently done at home, there are still a few important things to keep in mind when it comes to microneedling.
- Discontinue blood thinning and anti-inflammatory medications (including fish oils and NSAIDS) two weeks before your microneedling treatment.
- Avoid harsh skincare actives such as retinoids, acids, and topical antibiotics one week before microneedling.
- Avoid sun exposure before the microneedling process.
- Skip abrasive exfoliating products at least 48 hours before microneedling.
- Discontinue anti-inflammatory meds for another two weeks after microneedling (they slow the healing process).
- Skip makeup for 24 hours after microneedling.
- Avoid hot baths for 48 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible following your microneedling treatment. Wear sunscreen daily!
- Avoid abrasive exfoliating products until your skin heals.
Amazing benefits come with microneedling at home! You can safely and effectively space this minimally invasive treatment out every four to six weeks, for noticeable changes in your skin! Get ready for everyone to compliment your glow!
Purchase your at home microneedling pen here.